Anne-Marie Briscoe - Attorney
Email: ABriscoe@hzlegal.com | Phone: 317.348.6723 | Fax: 317.569.2202
Anne-Marie Briscoe is an attorney at Hollingsworth & Zivitz, where she practices exclusively in the area of divorce and family law. Anne-Marie represents clients with all types of family law issues including: divorce & legal separation; custody; parenting time (visitation); child support; paternity; adoptions (including contested adoptions); prenuptial and postnuptial agreements; post-decree modifications & enforcement (including contempt actions); guardianships, emancipation; spousal maintenance (alimony); relocations; protective orders; restraining orders; grandparent rights; and military divorces. Anne-Marie is also a registered member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. In 2011, Anne-Marie was named to the prestigious list of Super Lawyers® Rising Stars for family law by Law & Politics Magazine and Indianapolis Monthly.
In addition to her dedication to the busy family law practice at Hollingsworth & Zivitz, Anne-Marie is involved with the family law community as an active member of family law sections of the Indiana, Indianapolis and Hamilton County bar associations. She believes that "giving back" to the community is an essential part of her responsibility as a lawyer and accordingly, she dedicates many hours of her time volunteering as a guardian ad litem through local organizations such as the Hamilton County GAL Program and Kids' Voice. She also provides pro bono assistance to clients who could not otherwise afford legal representation through the Heartland Pro Bono Council and District 6 Access to Justice Program. Anne-Marie has extensive experience dealing with clients of high net worth; but regardless the income of the client or size of the net marital estate, her kindness, compassion and effective negotiation strategies are prevalent in all she does.
Anne-Marie resides in Carmel with her husband and children. When she is not working, she enjoys spending time with her family, running, reading, and taking long walks with her dog, Maddie.
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D.
- University of Kentucky, B.A., Broadcast Journalism, magna cum laude
Awards and Honors
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, (2011)
- Indiana State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Family Law Section; Young Lawyers Division
- Hamilton County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
Civic organizations and volunteerism
- Junior League of Indianapolis, Member (2008-2010)
- Hamilton County GAL Program, Volunteer GAL
- Kids' Voice, Volunteer GAL
- Ask A Lawyer, Indianapolis Bar Association, Volunteer
- Legal Lines, Indianapolis Bar Association, Volunteer
- Heartland Pro Bono Council, Volunteer
- District 6 Access to Justice, Volunteer
- Humane Society, Volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
Seminars and articles
- Survey of Cybercrime Law in Ohio, University of Dayton School of Law Publication (2007)